Enjoy numerous benefits such as ongoing training and career development, a friendly and professional team environment, as well as advantageous salary packaging opportunities whilst working for a respected and established aged and community care provider.
About the role
The Clinical Support and Education Officer is responsible for supporting Lutheran Services capacity to deliver high quality clinical services to residents in its aged care services as well as ensuring accreditation requirements are met.
This position requires regular travel to Lutheran Services Facilities, which may include occasional overnight accommodation.
The Clinical Support and Education Officer will;
- Support, advise and educate clinical staff in Lutheran Services’ facilities to assist them in delivering high quality services, keeping up-to-date with their clinical skills, developing appropriate attitudes and contributing to a positive workplace culture;
- Provide professional leadership to clinical staff and work collaboratively with relevant managers;
- Undertake ‘gap analyses’ and systems audits within Lutheran Services’ services, providing recommendations for improvements as required;
- Complete short-term assignments acting in critical clinical roles in services (by mutual agreement);
- Ensure Clinical Quality and Risk Management programs are followed.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- your ability to work in a self-directed manner and also in a variety of settings
- excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- a high degree of proficiency in MS Office applications and knowledge of one or more electronic clinical documentation systems
- working knowledge of ACFI and Icare software
In addition you will
- possess a recognised nursing qualification
- maintain current AHPRA (nursing) registration
- possess significant post graduate experience
- maintain a positive federal police check and current Australian driver’s licence
- be comfortable working collaboratively as part of a small and highly productive team
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
Our Support Centre, located in Milton, provides specialist advice to our services in areas such as finance, human resources, corporate communications, information technology as well as clinical governance.
Lutheran Services is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
Lutheran Services sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position brief is available to download by clicking here. To request a discussion about specifics of the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org