Trinder Park Aged Care is an established aged care and retirement living community with plans to invest significantly in the modernisation of existing aged care infrastructure and diversify residential aged care services into broader supported living communities, offering a broader range of accommodation options, housing and service choices. Trinder Park is comprised of accommodation for 156 residents in an aged care setting, 55 independent living units as well as a Day Therapy and Allied Health Centre. Located in Woodridge, in a beautiful bushland setting adjacent to the Karawatha Forest, between Brisbane and the Gold Coast, the service prides itself on providing optimal care to its many residents.
As General Manager you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the facility delivers high quality, appropriate care and meets all regulatory standards;
- Leading the staff of the service in a manner that promotes a high performance, innovative workplace culture;
- Overseeing all aspects of the service’s finances including budgeting, resource allocation, monitoring and financial reporting;
- Developing and monitoring processes for evaluation, review and enhancement of services to ensure that they remain cost effective and centred on the needs of the residents;
- In consultation with the Director of Aged Care and the Development Control Group be actively involved in the master planning and service redevelopment process and future place making strategy of Trinder Park. This will include the modernisation of the existing buildings, infrastructure and services;
- Ensuring the service is effectively promoted to potential residents and their families, referral agencies and the community generally;
- Develop and maintain appropriate links with the community and the industry;
- Formulate and implement plans for the service’s development including implementation of Lutheran Services strategic plan as it applies to Trinder Park;
- Work at a local and strategic level with other Lutheran Services leaders to improve and innovate the delivery of aged care to our communities.
Critical to your success in this role will be your ability to demonstrate:
- your contemporary business and people leadership in the aged care sector with the ability to ‘think outside the box’ in a dynamic and innovative organisation,
- an open, consultative style and sensitivity to complex organisational dynamics, and works constructively with change and potential conflict
- your track record in successfully managing a human service organisation in a time of rapid growth and constantly change.
- an ability to work with and manage a diverse workforce, demonstrating outstanding judgement and a proactive approach to the resolution of issues.
Essential for this role will be a qualification in business, management or health care management.
Possession of a positive federal police check and Australian driver’s license is essential.
Enjoy numerous benefits such as ongoing training and career development, a friendly and professional team environment as well as advantageous salary packaging opportunities whilst leading and growing a respected, established aged care service.
- Lutheran Services is a well-established and respected organisation that provides industry leading services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
- As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
- Lutheran Services operates 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1400 staff and several hundred volunteers.
- Lutheran Services sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position brief is available to download by clicking here. To request a discussion about specifics of the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.